Disclaimer: I’ve upgraded Magento CE 1 using this process with no issues many times. I can not confirm this process will work with Magento CE 2. As always, BACKUP EVERYTHING FIRST.
- Disable Cache
Navigate to System > Cache Management and disable all.
- Turn on Maintenance Mode
- Clear /var (need to replace htaccess file if you’re blocking access)
rm -rf var
- Backup Files & Database
- Start the Upgrade
chmod -R 777 ./*
chmod 550 ./mage
./mage mage-setup .
./mage config-set preferred_state stable
- Clean Up
php shell/indexer.php reindexall
rm -rf maintenance.flag
- Verify and Upgrade Database by Opening the Site
Don’t forget to re-anable cache management.
SSH commands to list and delete error logs.
- List error_log files.
find . -name error_log
- Delete all error_log files.
find . -name error_log -delete
I’m a pretty humble person. I don’t like to taunt, but I’m from the show me state and this is the best way to show SEO best practices in action. I rank better than you do is my primary keyword, and if all goes well, this page will rank number one for the low competition phrase quickly.
Here is How I Rank Better Than You Do
The primary keyword (I rank better than you do) appears:
- Once in the page title.
- In the meta description.
- In the page headers.
- In the body copy.
- In link/anchor text from other pages.
- As the filename of the image and in the image alt attribute.
- In the url of the page.
While there are a number of factors that go into ranking, the seven above are the most important. This also assumes there are no issues indexing pages. As secretive as Google is regarding their search ranking algorithm, they provide pretty detailed information for webmasters through their Webmaster Guidelines and Webmaster Tools. Search engine optimization is more about attention to detail than anything else.
I hate writing because like most people, I think I suck at it. I’m hoping that’s a sign of a decent writer. I’m also a mild introvert, so the thought of writing about myself makes me cringe. Why the heck am I resurrecting my blog?
- The only way I’m going to get better is to practice.
- Writing can be therapeutic.
- Every once in a while I come up with an interesting thought or two, and I’d like to have those thoughts shared and archived.